World Environment Day is just around the corner (#WorldEnvironmentDay 5th June) and we love celebrating the fact that Nutrimetics products are created with minimal impact on the environment.
Plus, we only choose the most carefully sourced ingredients and design our products with (mostly) recyclable packaging. And let’s not forget we’re Peta approved and cruelty free. That’s why we’re so grateful to Beautyheaven for naming us in their Earth Day list for top eco-friendly beauty brands.
Here are some of the highlights and you can read the full article here.
- Nutrimetics is making an eco-conscious effort, both in beauty and in the home
- Nutrimetics Scented Soaps are wrapped in zero plastic packaging
- Nutrimetics Sun Days SPF 50+ Sunscreen Lotion doesn’t contain any ingredients that may affect coral, making it ‘reef-safe
- The NutriClean range (which includes laundry detergent and all-purpose household cleaners) uses eco-friendly ingredients that are biodegradable
Try these tips to green-up your beauty routine
Here are a few simple things you can do in your beauty routine to reduce your impact on the environment.
- Turn your empty jars into jewellery holders. Simply clean out your empty jars and use them to store pins, hair accessories or the other bits and bobs in your vanity case.
- Why not take a break from hand washes and shower gels and switch to a beauty bar? The humble bar of soap is not only good for your skin, but comes with minimal packaging for minimal waste, making them friendlier for the environment. Lucky we have a host of beauty bars to choose from, including Botanicals Exfoliating Soaps, Nutri-Rich Bathing Bar and Nutrimetics Man Activated Charcoal Soap Bar.
- 14,000 tons of sunscreen is believed to wash into the oceans each year. To protect your skin and our beautiful Australian coral life, choose reef-friendly formulas like Sun Days and Smart Shield.
- Choose waterless products to save on water waste. The beauty industry is recognising the need to preserve this vital natural resource. Our Ultra Care+ Super-C & Retinol Serum is waterless for less waste. By removing water from this serum, the ingredients are also undiluted, making the actives perform better, Vitamin C especially.
- It takes 20,000 litres of water and lots of chemicals to make a cotton T-shirt, so think about how much water your cotton pads are wasting. Switch to our reusable and machine washable Magic Eraser Pads to help save on waste.