With many unpredictable changes in skin’s needs thanks to the stress of the pandemic, ‘wellness’ will be a key focus for beauty in 2021. And just like your body needs healthy fruits and vegetables to thrive, your skin needs superfood ingredients to look its most radiant, too.
What are ‘superfoods?’
‘Superfoods’ are usually fruits or vegetables that are packed with a dense concentration of nutrients. They feed your skin with essential Vitamins, Fatty Acids and Antioxidants.
Why do we need to apply them?
In skincare, the main task of superfoods is to protect skin from damaging free radicals. Free radicals cause collagen to break down, which can lead to dullness, loss of volume, more wrinkles and skin inflammation, plus sensitivity and discolouration.
Get healthy skin now
With more people focusing on health than ever, now is the time to get on board with the superfood craze! Enhance their glow and future-proof against damage by feeding complexions with the finest nutrient-rich ingredients.
Here are our top 12 Nutrimetics’ superfood-infused beauty picks.
1. Avocado is rich in essential Fatty Acids, which helps increase elasticity in the skin to reduce and prevent the visible formation of wrinkles.
Find it in: Nutrimetics Nutri-Eyes Eye Crème
2. Papaya has high levels of Papain, a proteolytic plant enzyme. It breaks down proteins and provides an exfoliating effect on the skin.
Find it in: Nutrimetics Apricot Facial Masque & Scrub
3. Matcha Tea contains 25 times higher Antioxidant content than Acai Berry, preventing various types of skin stress and premature ageing. It also contains Chlorophyll, which gives gentle detoxification benefits.
Find it in: IRYNA Coconut & Matcha Cleansing Mousse
4. Chia Seed is packed with Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Antioxidants. It works to help visibly reduce redness and help skin become less sensitive.
Find it in: IRYNA Chia & Dragonfruit Moisturising Masque
5. Almonds contain Vitamin A and Vitamin E to protect skin from environmental stressors. Sweet Almond Oil contains nutrient minerals (including Zinc and Potassium) to soothe irritation.
Find them in: IRYNA Coconut Cushion Hand Crème
6. Mushrooms help soothe visible redness and sensitivity and boost the skin barrier against stress, for more resilient skin.
Find them in: Restore Refining Toning Lotion
7. Grapes are a good source of Antioxidants. Red grapes are a natural source of Resveratrol, which protects the skin’s surface from environmental stressors, while also promoting an even skin tone.
Find them in: Ultra Care+ Platinum Tight Firm & Fill Face Serum
8. Beetroot contains Betaines, which contain a high level of Antioxidants. In Platinum, Sugar Beet Complex strengthens the skin’s barrier function and reduces water loss, working to help balance skin’s hydration.
Find them in: Ultra Care+ Platinum Multi-Active Cleanser & Masque
9. Pomegranate contains ‘Ellagic Acid’, which strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier, improving hydration and stopping delicate skin from drying out.
Find it in: Ultra Care+ Lip Plumping Crème
10. Cucumbers are loaded with anti-inflammatory properties and nutrients like Vitamin C and Folic Acid. Cucumbers make the dream face masque ingredient.
Find them in: Ultra Care+ Hydrating Bamboo Sheet Masque 4 x sachets
11. Raspberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C, an Antioxidant that helps protect skin cells from damage caused by environmental stressors and aggressors. The Raspberries in this Clay masque give skin an extra hydrating boost.
Find them in: Ultra Care+ Clarifying Clay Treatment
12. Quinoa proteins add strength and protection to your hair. The grain is known to have the highest concentration of protein versus any other grain. It’s also packed with essential Amino Acids.
Find it in: Nutri-Rich Hair Nourish+ Shampoo